Parry Sound & Area Amenities
The Parry Sound Business directory provides information about the many resources and amenities available in the Parry Sound area. Other great resources are the Town of Parry Sound website: https://www.parrysound.ca/en/index.asp and the Archipelago Township website: http://www.thearchipelago.on.ca
Community & Culture
One of the wonderful things about the traditional cottage lifestyle is engaging in the rural community. Parry Sound hosts a number of cultural events each year including:
- The Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts serves as a venue for concerts, live theatre and other cultural events throughout the year:http://www.stockeycentre.com/calendar-expanded
- Parry Sound Farmers Market https://www.parrysoundfarmersmarket.com
- The Festival of Sound, a classical musical festival: http://www.festivalofthesound.ca
- The Annual Dragon Boat Race: http://www.dragonboatfestival.org
- Parry Sound Rib Fest: http://www.parrysoundribfest.com
- Sailboat Regattas: http://sailparrysound.on.ca/sps-regatta-management/registration-2/
- West Parry Sound District Museum: http://museumontowerhill.com
- The Boots and Spurs Stampede: http://www.bootsandspursstampede.com
Most lakes and areas have a cottage association that is a collective of individuals concerned with the unique aspects of a particular area. Here are a few in the Parry Sound district:
- Georgian Bay Association: http://www.georgianbayassociation.com
- West Carling Association
- Healey Lake: http://www.healeylake.org
- Sans Souci & Copperhead: http://www.ssca.info
- Lake Wah-Wash-Kesh: http://www.whitestone.ca/community/lakewwk.html
- Woods Bay Community Association: http://www.thearchipelago.on.ca/index.php/contact/ratepayers-associations/21-woods-bay-community-association-%20target=
- Parry Island Cottagers Association: http://parryislandcottagers.com
Famous People Associated with Parry Sound
The Parry Sound district is a very unique and special place that has been historically known for some of the folks who have become well known in our Canadian culture. Here are a few of Parry Sound’s gems:
- Tom Thomson, of The Group of Seven was inspired by the beauty of this area and the subject of many of his iconic scenic art works.
- Bobby Orr, the hockey legend grew up in Parry Sound and shares his fond memories of family and friends in his autobiography, Orr: My Story.
- Don Harron, the Canadian stage actor who brought to life the character of Charlie Farquharson is one of the town’s cherished personalities.
- Bobby Orr, Canadian Hockey Legend born and raised in Parry Sound.https://www.bobbyorr.com/Default.aspx
Need Help With Your Traditional Cottage Search?