I want a cottage where my friends and family come every weekend and where we know our neighbours. I love to socialize and be around people – the more the merrier!
I want a cottage party where we enjoy great food and drinks – a place where we have fun! I work hard all week and I want a cottage where we can kick back and let loose. I love the idea of knowing my neighbours and sharing the cottage experience as a community. I want a place to invite my family and friends where we can have a cottage party on the dock and wrap up the evening signing ‘kum ba yah’ around the fire pit. I envision having great parties and inviting my family, friends and neighbours. I will cook awesome cottage meals because great food and drink are important to me. We will laugh and enjoy each other’s company. It will be fun, it will be exciting, it will create wonderful memories. My cottage party will take many forms, but will always result in creating new relationships, strengthening old ones and mentoring our young ones!
I want a cottage where our kids grow up knowing the neighbour’s kids and/or grandchildren. A cottage where they spend their days playing outside until they come in for the evening played-out and ready to be tucked into their cozy beds.
My cottage will be reflective of my financial means and will be ideal for socializing and entertaining. It will have lots of room for cooking, entertaining and sleeping, therefore the kitchen, living area, number of bedrooms and decking will be important to me. As well, there will be lots for the kids to do and a great dock for socializing!
The cottage party lifestyle has traditionally been associated with these:
community, amenities, terrific docking system, music, nice cottage, bunkies, neighbours, proximity to neighbours, good waterfront, south or southwestern exposure, lighting, great landscaping.
Parry Sound & Area Amenities
The Parry Sound Business directory provides information about the many resources and amenities available in the Parry Sound area. Other great resources are the Town of Parry Sound website: https://www.parrysound.ca/en/index.asp and the Archipelago Township website: http://www.thearchipelago.on.ca
Hiking & Trail System
The Parry Sound district is known for its endless hiking trails. There are several provincial parks and conservation reserves in the Parry Sound area, where one can connect with the natural beauty and wildlife that is unique to this area.
- Parry Sound Trail System https://www.parrysound.ca/en/play-here/Trails.asp
- Oastler Lake Provincial Park: www.ontarioparks.com/park/oastlerlake
- Massasauga Provincial Park: www.ontarioparks.com/park/themassasauga
- Killbear Provincial Park: www.ontarioparks.com/park/killbear
- Sobeys Parry Sound: https://www.sobeys.com/en/stores/sobeys-parry-sound
- Harry’s No Frills: http://www.nofrills.ca/LCLOnline/store_details_landing_page.jsp?storeId=532
- Orr’s Fine Meats & Deli: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Orrs-Fine-Meats-and-Deli/226272304079909
- B. Lepage Fishery: https://plus.google.com/107706174969272233074/about?gl=ca&hl=en
- The Red Door Bakery: http://www.thereddoorbakery.ca/en/
Beer & Wine
- LCBO Parry Sound: http://www.lcbo.com/content/lcbo/en.html
- The Beer Store: http://www.thebeerstore.ca
- Ontario Craft Brewers: http://www.ontariocraftbrewers.com/breweries.php
- Ontario Wine Country: http://www.winecountryontario.ca
- Ontario Wineries: http://www.wineriesontario.com/winerieson.php
Farmer’s Markets & Healthy Living Stores
- Summer/Farmer’s Market: http://www.psaca.ca/index.php/the-summer-market
- McKellar Farmer’s Market: http://www.farmersmarketsontario.com/MarketDetails.cfm?uSearchString=&uPageNum=3&uMarketID=198
- Victoria Harbour Farmer’s Market: http://www.farmersmarketsontario.com/MarketDetails.cfm?uSearchString=&uPageNum=5&uMarketID=242
- Georgian Bay Whole Foods: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgian-Bay-Whole-Foods/303856436598
- Crofter’s Organics: http://www.croftersorganic.com/ContactUs.php
For the kids, there are many summer camps in the area to consider. This is a place where your kids can learn to enjoy the adventurous side of the cottage lifestyle, while learning valuable life skills and making friendships that can last a lifetime.
- Parry Sound Golf & Country Club: http://www.parrysoundgolf.com
- The Ridge At Manitou: http://ridgeatmanitou.com
- Seguin Valley: http://seguinvalley.com
- Deer Run Parry Sound: http://www.deerrunparrysound.com
For the kids, there are many summer camps in the area to consider. This is a place where your kids can learn to enjoy the many aspects of the relaxing cottage lifestyle, while learning valuable life skills and making friendships that can last a lifetime.