I want a relaxing cottage where I can chill out and lay back. I want to put my feet up after a long week and enjoy doing nothing. I want to relax and unwind and not think about work!
I’m ok with doing some small projects, where I can do them at a leisurely pace with a beer in my hand, but I certainly don’t want work and chores to consume my days at the cottage. I want a low or no maintenance cottage, and I’m ok with hiring a local contractor to help me out with maintenance, lawn care and indoor cleaning. I would like to have a naturally landscaped property – rock, moss, fallen pine needles and preferably no grass.
I don’t want any pressure at my relaxing cottage. I want to spend time reading, swimming, boating, fishing and enjoying the local nature trails. I want to spend time having fun with the kids – tubing, wake boarding, swimming, skiing, snowmobiling and just playing. Later in the day, I may take a nap in the hammock nestled between two trees at the water’s edge. And when the day is done, I want to enjoy my favourite beverage on the dock, listening to the loons as the sun sets. I love to cook and putter in my kitchen, but simple cottage meals are definitely on the menu! A meal hot off the grill is always a hit. As I contemplate turning in for the night, I may need to change out of my P.J.’s – cottage comfy is always in fashion at my relaxing cottage.
My cottage will be easy to take care of. I won’t worry about sand on the floors or a mess on the table. We are here to relax and enjoy each other. The kids will run in and out of the cottage, excited to be there, and every time the screen door slams it reminds me of how blessed I am that we have this cottage.
The relaxing cottage lifestyle has traditionally been associated with these:
family, friends, easy, community, natural landscaping, modest, simple, charming, all sun exposures.
Welcome to Parry Sound & Area
- The Parry Sound Business directory provides information about the many resources and amenities available in the Parry Sound area. Other great resources are the Town of Parry Sound website: https://www.parrysound.ca/en/index.asp and the Archipelago Township website: http://www.thearchipelago.on.ca
Hiking & Trail System
The Parry Sound district is known for its endless hiking trails. There are several provincial parks and conservation reserves in the Parry Sound area, where one can connect with the natural beauty and wildlife that is unique to this area.
- Parry Sound Trail System https://www.parrysound.ca/en/play-here/Trails.asp
- Oastler Lake Provincial Park: www.ontarioparks.com/park/oastlerlake
- Massasauga Provincial Park: www.ontarioparks.com/park/themassasauga
- Killbear Provincial Park: www.ontarioparks.com/park/killbear
- Parry Sound Golf & Country Club: http://www.parrysoundgolf.com
- The Ridge At Manitou: http://ridgeatmanitou.com
- Seguin Valley: http://seguinvalley.com
- Deer Run Parry Sound: http://www.deerrunparrysound.com
For the kids, there are many summer camps in the area to consider. This is a place where your kids can learn to enjoy the many aspects of the relaxing cottage lifestyle, while learning valuable life skills and making friendships that can last a lifetime.
Sports & Leisure
Leisure Guide (McDougall, Parry Sound, Seguin):http://www.seguin.ca/en/live/communityleisureguide.asp
- Seguin: www.seguinpubliclibraries.ca
- Parry Sound: www.pspl.on.ca
- Parry Sound Books: www.parrysoundbooks.com
- Bearly Used Books: www.bearlyusedbooks.ca
The Parry Sound district offers many relaxing cottage lifestyle options. The town of Parry Sound is located on the shores of Georgian Bay, and has a rich history, an inviting culture and sports and recreational facilities to meet every cottager’s wants and needs. Whether you are cottaging on one of the many beautiful fresh water lakes in the Parry Sound district or on the shores or in the islands of Georgian Bay, Parry Sound offers an ideal balance of quality amenities alongside relaxing cottage lifestyle options.